Medical Residency Application Process
We will only accept applications through the ERAS Electronic Residency Application.
After we have received and reviewed your application, we will contact you via e-mail if you are invited to interview within our program. For selected applicants, we will schedule an interview prior to receiving the Dean's letter if we have transcripts and letters of recommendation. Applications must be complete prior to the interview day. We require USMLE or COMLEX scores, steps 1 and 2, with the application.
Complete applications consist of the following:
- Deans' letter of recommendation.
- Two letters of recommendation from clinical faculty.
- Transcript of medical school course work.
- USMLE Score Reports or COMLEX Score Reports. (Steps 1 and 2)
- Completed ERAS application forms.
- Personal statement.
Foreign Graduate Requirements
Foreign Graduates ECFMG Site
Applications are ONLY accepted through ERAS from September 15 - December 1.
• USMLE scores - 220 or higher on all steps, FIRST ATTEMPTS ONLY. (No consideration before receipt of Step 2 scores.)
• U.S. clinical experience required, with reference letters from U.S. physician preceptor(s) attesting to your medical knowledge and your skill doing histories and physicals and developing differential diagnoses. This is REQUIRED - no one will be interviewed who does not have a minimum of one month U.S. clinical experience, preferably more.
• Graduation from medical school within the last five years.
• Completed or scheduled to take the Step 2 Clinical Skills Test by Dec. 30, 2013. (Candidates must have valid ECFMG certification by Feb. 15, 2014 to be put on our match list.)
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• WE DO NOT OFFER OBSERVERSHIPS OR EXTERNSHIPS.
• WE DO NOT SPONSOR H-1B VISAS.
• J-1 visas are sponsored through the ECFMG with the resident having primary responsibility.
Candidates will receive an e-mail through ERAS if the Residency Programs offer an invitation for an interview.
The Family Medicine Residency Program will offer interviews on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning October 7, 2013 until January 7,2014.
The Internal Medicine Residency Program will offer interviews on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Interviews will be conducted between November 1, 2013 and January 31, 2014.
Candidates will have dinner with current residents the evening prior to the interview day, and hotel accommodations will be made for you for that evening as well. Please contact the Residency Coordinator with questions.